Friday 30 December 2011

Dolly Cot ( or Teddy Bed!)

 Have had this darling little cot in the shed for years. Decided it was time that it had a new life. My son,an apprentice builder mended a leg that was broken and I mended some cane weaving in the sides with some dried bracken stems that I had split into flat pieces. Then very carefully I freshened the paintwork, taking great care to keep the old and worn charm of this gem.

Finally to work to make a mattress and bedlinen.( Really made out of linen too.) The mattress and pillow I filled with washed and carded wool for the old fashioned slightly lumpy look. Then onto the quilt. A well washed linen/cotton Firetail Finch T Towel with screen- printed tricycle,  padded with a traditional thin cotton quilt filler. All assembled and ready for sleeping in!.

 The cot was photographed at Tobias and the Cat, Hessse Street, Queenscliff.

The Firetail Finch range of T Towels are available form The QUARC Market, Point Lonsdale

2 comments: