Friday 6 January 2012

Reg, Retired Professional Fisherman, Gardener, Maker.


What inspires you?
The birds that come to my garden...I feed the doves  and a blackbird has made a nest close to my back door. Her first nest and babies were taken by the crows. She knows she is safe now.
 How would you describe your creative process?
I think of something I need or want to make and I just get on with it. I follow my instincts. Like the flat bottomed boat I made for fishing in the shallow waters of Swan Bay
What handmade item do you cherish?
Some tools that a Russian friend made for me. The metal was from some old plough pieces and he worked them up into something really special. Having to' make do' is where he came from.
Besides your creative work, what else do you do?
I cook, garden, read and watch the weather and the birds.
What was the last book/magazine that you purchased?
Urban Farm   Very inspiring and some great ideas that I am trying out. Like the floating lettuce garden......Vermiponics they call it! And it has the sourdough bread recipe too!http://www.urbanfarmonline.com/urban-farm-magazine-and-books/urban-farm-magazines/uf1105-table-of-contents.aspx

What can make your day?
Catching a fish!  Finding an early ripe tomato.
What is a favourite quote or saying?
I will think about that!

Vermiponics
Vermiponics


Hot house made from bits and pieces for early tomatoes
The shed


The 'digger' the Russian made for me



1 comment:

  1. A wonderful profile, great job. Reg has had a fascinating life. I'm jealous of his garden, not having a green atom in my body!

    ReplyDelete